16 May 2007

Lymphedema Therapy

My arm is bandaged 22 hours/day to try to get the fluid out of it. I have been going to physical therapy 3 X week for lymphedema massage and bandaging at Armstrong County Memorial Hospital. The ideal is daily therapy and wrapping, but lymphedema therapists are only available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. My own wrapping attempts in between are not very successful, so I have no improvement so far--I couldn't get it to wrap correctly at all this morning (it was more like a tourniquet), so I went all day with no wrap at all. (The new body pillow I'm hugging makes everything better, though--thanks, Patti! So this is what was in the big box; I'm lovin' it!)

2 comments:

Margie said...

Not only are you blessed with awesome friends, but your husband let's your dog on your bed too! My husband won't succumb to my requests to let our puppy sleep with us. He just looks so lonely on his bed on the floor!
You look so cozy and snuggled up in all your pinkness! Love ya!!!

thechickenwithherheadcutoff said...

Grace (the dog) is ONLY allowed on the bed if there is only one person in it--my husband gets up for work at 3:30 am, and THEN the dog is allowed in with me. It's just too croweded with all 3 of us!

And I am blessed with awesome friends, like you!