16 August 2007

I got tattooed today!

No kidding--real ink inserted into my skin. Nothing pretty to look at (they are not in places I could show anyone, anyway)--just 4 little black dots to show the radiologist where to direct the beams.

This whole process has been very interesting; they made a mold for me to lie in for each treatment, so I am in the same position (those are the blue things hanging around the room in the photograph below.)

I begin the first of my 30 treatments next Monday, August 20th. The radiation oncology treatment room is really pretty--look at the light panels on the ceiling!

Thank you for your continued prayers. I have never felt during this whole long process that anyone had forgotten about me or neglected to pray--you are all such an inspiration and encouragement to me.

God bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you are the inspiration and encouragement. Your photos and words help keep me focused on God. I will be thinking of you on Monday, I will also be at the hospital with Isaac, he is having a minor procedure done. I will continue to lift you up to the Lord. Love Janette S

Margie said...

Mindy, thank you for being so open and sharing. To those of us who've never experienced anything like this, it is a very big eye-opener what you go through. It helps me pray specifically for what is going on in your life. And it encourages me to praise God all the more for life no matter what! Thank you! Love you!

thechickenwithherheadcutoff said...

Janette ~ I will be praying for you and Isaac on Monday.

Margie ~ How is your eye? I scratched my cornea once with a contact lens--very painful!

Love both you ladies so much.

Mike Greiner said...

Man, I wish dentists had pictures like that on the ceiling!